R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nitro Engine rebuilding
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 03:07 PM
houston
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 22Racer
It really can be a judgment call, the bearing has to be totally clean, roll really free, and not have too much slop if you put your finger in it and move it in and out. They will alway's have a little play this way. Then with the crank in it shouldn't have any up and down play while pushing on the shaft. When in doubt change them, the bearing going out can ruin a motor.

Houston, seems like quite a few on Ebay also modding and pinching. Do you pinch motors also or just rebuild?

Rex
much prefer new p/s/r myself but for those guys on a budget ................ resize is their answer and rayaracing resizing equ. is pretty top notch IMO. alot of the racers i work for don't consider price as a factor just a badass dependable engine and thats what i give 'em
happy motoring',
monty

ya i noticed the ebay thing too , i have been doing this for a while and am very good at it and it kind of irks me that everyone and their brother think they can do the mods that make a difference and then you send them your engine and have no proof of their work , either good or bad . just my .02 cents