R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - brushless in rc pro series
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 09:33 AM
rearviewmirror
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcg33k
I'm a nitro guy through and through, but I've run a couple brushless powered 1/8 buggies and they're pretty fast. I could see myself owning one as soon as the cost of the motors and speed controls come down. There's nothing about their construction that should make them that much more expensive, but for now, they're charging what they have to because I imagine that they haven't figured out how to make them more efficiently.

I got into nitro many years ago because electric didn't offer nearly as much power, durability and run time. Now the brushless is making that less of an issue. I'll always be a nitro guy first, but brushless is interesting to say the least.
I came back into R/C after being a way for a long time. I had no idea how far electric (brushless/lipo) had come! Needless to say I'm regretting my Mugen MBX6 purchase because I think I'd rather have a e-buggy. I'm sure there will be an MBX6 conversion kit soon, so I won't even bother building it until it comes out. Needless to say I'm hooked on electric. So for me, I'll only own Gas (2-stroke / pump gas) like the HPI Baja and brushless, Nitro just isn't going to cut it any more.