View Single Post
Old 09-23-2003, 06:10 PM
EdwardN
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: .12 Sirio AAC 5 port

Originally posted by thefuzzclub
Top Gun,
Can you tell more about the crank shaft issue? My last engine was a Novarossi s5 and the crank shaft got broken for some reason I don't know since I don't abuse the engine and run it a little rich, I guess its just unfortunate. Its my 3rd engine though so I hope it will last in acceptable time frame.
It seems for me the pin hardness is too low and it worning out too fast. I sent one cranck to my friends and hope will have result soon. Anyway, I would sugest to chrome plating on the pin-if you will be able to do it-that cranck will see at list 10 P/S sets before it will give up. From the rest, engine is realy good and very dependeble, specialy if you go to AAC version-this is the close future in RC engines. About broken shaft-it is very difficult to predict-everybdy climing-they have ultrasound quality control and so and so. I saw one cranck broken too-there was old crack (easy to recognize). Some times during the heat treating metall give micro crack and even under ultrasound control difficult to see. In this case it will work for while and eventualy will brake. It is just luck. Some times modifiers are overdoing cranck and can go bad too. Nobody can be insure from the bad luck. Sorry about your old cranck.