R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI's DB12R
Thread: BMI's DB12R
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 04:56 PM
Clegg

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I ran the BMI for the first time in a full series of heats and mains today. And the car was phenominal to drive... but at a cost.

The 'new' IRS lower A Arms that come with the kit have a big issue that I discovered. Because there is such a small area that the screw threads into on one solid hit I both cracked the very thin wall on the front screw and stripped that screw out, and caused the rear one to warp and distort into sort of an S pattern.

Attached are pics - the hit that caused this was not really hard and was against a not real well weighed down peice of CRC track system pipe that gave when the car hit.

I had some other .060 lowered IRS fronts from a previous 1/12th that have far more material to screw into, and I think the thing is solid now. But I had to replace both lower IRS front arms from some hits that I wouldnt consider lethal to a 1/12th at all. I believe these bulkier and stronger front blocks that I am using are the same that are sold under the DB2110 number on the BMIracing site. The parts I broke and pictured I believe are DB2010. Is there any issue running the DB2110 in place of the DB2010? They just dont take as many spacers.

I was running the lower arms up pretty high as I am running Jaco prisms and not re-truing them down further. I dont like wasting that kind of money just to be able to mount an A Arm lower.

Just something I noticed, otherwise the car is fantastic. One of our fast drivers took the car for a drive before racing started and on his second lap ran one of the fastest laps of the day besting even his until his last race. He agreed that this car is very well ballanced and neutral in its current setup.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3431.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	213.9 KB
ID:	398917   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3432.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	398918   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3433.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	398919   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3434.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	232.4 KB
ID:	398920  

Last edited by Clegg; 12-21-2008 at 05:11 PM.