R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a new truggy....advice or suggestions?
Old 12-20-2008, 07:35 PM
TRYMY4.0
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (86%+)

Originally Posted by Illbreakthat
Wy no hellfire? Well lets start the parts are horrible.. the setup is just wrong.. its incredibly difficult to drive cause you cant set it up.. its not based on any 8 scale in the market. These are some of the reasons its been discontinued!

I have driven the Mugen MBX5T Prospec and its a fantastic truck.. but its been discontinued so it may be hard to get some stuff... i have owned and driven the ST-R and loved it but i couldnt keep the diffs in them (most likely my fault) Jammin CRT x1 hated it and you had to hopup over half the truck to make it worth while to drive but the X2 i havent driven but have heard lots of good stuff about them.

The things i love about the RC8T is that its super easy to drive, has the big bores that work fantastic, accelerates HARD corners the best out of any truggy i have driven, has been ultra durable soaks up a beaten track with ease, easy to get parts for and the parts are cheap.

But i would seriously consider taking that hour drive it may be worth your while to take the time and think about the purchase.. HPI and or TRAXXAS do not have a competitive truggy nor buggy in thier name.. other than the D8 from Hot Bodies which is the affiliate company of HPI.
thank you for that write up. I will continue my search.

-Ant.