R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The future of 1/12 scale
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 06:37 PM
gubbs3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred_B

Today, the only problem I have with a lot of the "fast" guys is the fact that they have no patience for the new racers. It's one turn and they're in the wall. The old 3 turn rule has become the this turn rule. It's even happening at club races.
I don't want to lump myself in with the "fast" guys because I've gotten worked plenty of times. But one thing I need to lay down is the fact that patience should not be an issue with the fast guys. At the last two club races, running stock, the differential in lap times is VERY significant. The majority of my times were right around 9.9-10.2 and the 2-5th place group was in the 10.4-10.8 range. That much difference can be dealt with fairly well. The issue is the other 5 in the lower half of the main were averaging 11.5-12+. Now with the differences in lap times of 2 seconds or more (on clean laps) the closing speed is HUGE! Three corners almost isn't even an option because you come up on someone so fast you can't hardly see them!

I find I have the most trouble with people that are decently good (consistent) drivers but are off the pace by a fair margin. I find these drivers the hardest to pass because they are holding a good line (the line I want), but they're just going a little slower. This makes it almost necessary for them to pull over or go wide (purposefully) in order to make a clean pass.