R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LOSI 8IGHT-T
Thread: LOSI 8IGHT-T
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 08:05 PM
JAMMINKRAZY
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yeah you can send me that lid. lol That thing looks pretty sick.
But if you use those servos and set your linkages and endpoints correctly there are no servo problems. I have run both buggy and truggy for about two years without one single problem. I run the futaba 9451 for throttle and love it ZERO problems. I run a Hitec 5955 for steering(basically the same as the 7955) and it has been flawless. I'm sure the futaba would be fine for steering. Follow the linkage addendum to set up the linkages and servos and you will be fine. If you don't have a copy, go on to the losi site, to the 8t page and click resources. it will be one of the links there. I would suggest buying GMK or losi center CVD condoms or using heat shrink over the joints to retain the pin. You already have a non pop steering ball end mod done so that should be fine.
I can't see your rear outer hinge pins so I cant tell what they are. If they are stock I would reccomend upgrading to the new losi 2.0 ones or the m2c racing pins. The m2c pins are like 12 bucks and are bullit proof plus they come with the right bit to drill out the arms and hubs with. The stockers are quite soft and bend very easily. Thats about all I can think of. Do that and go have fun. I'm sure you will love the truck. Especially with all the stuff it already has on it (TFT chassis, KHZ motor mount, Adj. losi toe blocks, alu. front spindles and carriers, alu. servo saver top, alu. servo horn, etc.) it will be bullitproof. Oh yeah if that servo arm doesn't fit your servos whatever you do don't run the stock losi one. The little white plastic inserts strip like no other. Have fun!!!