R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Speyederjedi
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by afm
I think it deviates from what this GT class should be, which should stay as any buggy based car, with shaft drive system and 2 speeed trans....

Those belt driven rally game italian cars are very expensive and you might as well get a 1/8th on road car....

I think the GT class neeeds urgently some rules to set the boundaries, maybe
define two classes GTS (sport) 1/8th buggy based shaft driven cars only, with original engine that comes with the RTR models, and or replacememt engines only 3 port .21 buggy engines with MSRP not maiore than $200.00. only rubber tires.

The other class a GTO (open) 1/8th class wich could incorporate any of those fancy belt driven rally game cars, and any engine up to .28 ci, and foam or rubber tires.

just my 2 cents

AFM
AFM,

I agree 100%. I just thought I'd bring in the belt drive car so some racers could see what they may run into at the track. I use to have the Technokit SPRY 1/8 Rally Game car and it handled way better than my OFNA GTP that Lou ran this past weekend at GCRC. Even though it was a single speed it was just insanely quick and had plenty of top end. I think the class would need to be split between belt and shaft drive to keep it fair but if anyone runs into one of these belt drive rally game cars at their local track be aware, they're pretty darn fast and handle really well.

Regards,
Speyederjedi