R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 12-17-2008, 11:36 AM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Very nice execution of a 3 link with panhard bar system. Some original thinking there with your bellcrank operated rear shocks. I have thought that a very similar system without bellcranks might control our standard pods with only two shocks (It might work better than our three shock system and could be available as an add on kit). Two shocks on your car will control both roll and bump. Nice. Give us a pic when you get those bellcranks attached to the pod. I blew the pic up and hunted around there. I imagine there should be some short ball end links to the pod bottom or top plate to allow side to side movement of the pod in roll. (I see now you discussed this in a parenthesis)

If you can, get some upper links into your front end to control camber. I know you are designing a new front end which may contain them. Very exiting. Any plans for production or is it going to be just a prototype. It truly will be revolutionary if produced.

Thats a great place for rear body mounts. If you can, include a hole for a centered back front body mount option. This does wonders to improve stiffness of the airdam and wheel arches.

Yes it would work great on the oval as well as the road course. An oval car is a car that you run on the oval. There are no templates that have to be fit. Only a direct drive axle is required. Width can be up to 260mm although 200 mm is pretty standard these day.

World GT does have the sliding kingpin clause, so the CRC front suspension interchange would be a desirable feature. Oval does not have this clause.

John

Last edited by John Stranahan; 12-17-2008 at 11:58 AM.