R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)
Old 12-17-2008, 07:57 AM
Paul L
Gravity RC

Hi everyone, I dont really have an explination as to why i have not been on here in a while to help, at least since i have been home as of a couple of weeks ago. I also know that most of the questions that i am going to answer were asked so long ago that it may not be worth anything to you, but i will answer anyways. My apologies, Paul.

Originally Posted by not home
hey paul, at t-side my tires (jaco blues) after 1 run have a ton of junk on them. i dont want to rub the heck out of them and lose all grip whatsoever. what do you recomend doing for your rubber tires on the track? what do you do for cleaning yours?
I just scrub the crap out of them with motor spray, dont worry about scrubbing too hard. motor spray likes to dry out rubber so what i do is rub a little sauce in to the tire after hitting them with motor spray, this way it gets a little oil right back in them. i think that this is best.

Originally Posted by eded1
Hi, Paul.

Sorry you did not get the A main, nice thing Elliot take the honeurs(Xray).
Next time better, i am still a fan.

Ed
Yea it was a bit of a bummer, but This time i didnt really belong their. i needed to be better. Elliot ran really good, car was good, drove good, super nice guy.

Originally Posted by mr. losi
yo paulie....

this just in...i will be at the novak race.....look out.....
Sweet..

Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho
Hi, Paul, how was the world championship, did you have fun.
i saw a picture of your car and you were using some flat screws in the top deck, why?
What about the new motor from trinity?
Did you used the ECS shafts?
I bought a 009, the color looks much better alive.
Can you tell me why in the rear, the central blocks, can go foward? What for?
Thanks.
The worlds went ok, i got to meet allot of new people and that was nice, the racing was not great for me but it was a great event and i ended up where i deserved to be. I sometimes countersink my graphite peces, I just feel like it is the most secure way to do it, this in mind that if it is not done right your car will always be tweaked. The pulse modified is running really good for me, i used it in vegas, worlds and most recently cleveland. im sure that their will be some small running changes as we find small things to change and develope but that is the case with every pece of electronics in our industry, run the timing at 10deg to start. I did not use the ecs drive shafts but looking back I should have, Elliot did and he was obviously great, so they cant possibly be bad.
Im not sure what you mean by the central blocks. Thanks and sorry again for the delay. Paul

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Hi Paul, congrats on Cleveland and thanks for all the setup help during the weekend, it really helped us out.
No problem, Hope you can make it to the Novak race or the Birds.

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
Longshot of a question, Mr.Paul...
in your opinion what do you think is the best handling non-race body? (no stratus, mazda 6, DNA, etc). Thanks!
Im really not sure, I havent run a non race body in 10 years, before TC's had body rules the body to have was the Acura NSX.

Originally Posted by dragracer72nova
Paul,
At the Novak Race which body do you think I need to run in 17.5 Stock Rubber when the Traction is at a 100%? Right now my body that I am running is a Speed 6. First time for me to race the Novak.
Thank you for your help!
Dave
Hi dave, the speed 6 for sure will be great. if the car is pushing some I would have a R9R on hand. those are the two bodies that i am going to have ready for rubber.

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
Paul=- been a while.. Hope all is well.

would you mind pointing me toward a good starting place for the 007 on the rug.. foam of course...

going to make it to the niagara region any time soon? Magma?
Hi Keith, good to hear from you. I would translate any of my latest set-ups on line from vegas or cleveland on to the 007. that will be the best place to start

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Hey Paul, hope all is good.

Just wanted to remind you about the December 7th &/or 21st dates no worries either way.

Hope that Tai race was a blast for you! Anyways liked the photo with you, your car and Dieter in the background. Keep it fun and enjoy the Christmas break.
Thanks Jeff I will definately keep you guys in mind. Ill let you know.

Originally Posted by c1 racin
Paul .... what you think of the XII .... how much and what other 1/12's have you run in the past ..... how dose it compare .... ?
I have run a lot of 12th scales, but never put a lot of time in to any of them, the XII will be a great car when good set-ups are developed for it on different serfaces. cleveland did not go as well as i wanted it to but it really wasn't the cars fault, I crashed at the wrong time a lot. driven right i would have qualified 3rd or 4th and finished right their as well, so that wouldn't have been bad for the first runs on carpet. The car is good now and xray will only be making it better.