R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - !!!GOLDEN STATE ELECTRIC CHALLENGE!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 05:40 AM
Hobby Dave
Tech Initiate

Lakeport Hobbies Raceway was crudely built in 2005. Then rebuilt new in 2006. Again in 2007. Last years track was built in September of 2007 Totally 100% different from this year.
Last year looked like this:

This years new track was built in September of 2008 and by October of 2008 it was much larger and looked like this:

Our first race was conducted Oct 1st 2008. We have raced on this new track design for fourteen weeks and re-vamped nearly half of it's design.
After the makeover on 12/14/2008 it is even larger and now looks like this:

The track has not been run on since the make over. Some features are still setting up! The next four weeks will be used to prepare the new dirt brought in. Tires used should be any tires that set up for loose conditions.

Typically the first two weeks after a makeover we get the dirt back to high traction.
Blake has good hold on what tires seems to work best. Maybe he can post up what is best used.

Before the makeover I was using hole shots all the way around on the 4WD Buggy. Once the dirt is back to high traction I'll be using Switches and Bobcats. 2WD Truck Hole shots and edges on the front. 2WD Buggy B-4 I'm running what they give you out of the Factory Team Box. Seems to work.
Blake I'm sure can chime in with a better knowledge on what tires has been working best.
Hope to see you folks at the big race!
Hobby Dave
Track Director

Last edited by Hobby Dave; 12-17-2008 at 09:45 AM.