R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 12-16-2008, 11:43 AM
SWTour
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

boomer,

I ran a Superior car for a few years on the oval (Some of the stuff John has came from a guy I gave them to locally to get him started in oval racing a couple years ago I believe)

The T-Plate is still needed for side to side movement. The "FLOATING" rear pod is nice, and some of these were salvaged for racing on our VELODROME and been kept around (which is where some more of the stuff John has came from...) Thanks to my buddy ODIE.

There were 3 or 4 different versions of the Superior rear pod setup. One was a short "MONO BALL" tplate with a rod at the front to keep the pod straight...and allow for rear steer. (It was sweet, but you could knock the real alignment out easy in a crash.) That was my first 3 shock car...

When I switched from THIS type of car, I went to the HPI "Roadstar" 10Go, which is still one of my favorite cars for local short track oval racing...and it has NO t-plate, and has a full floating rear pod. I also have 2-3 On-Road versions of that car, one I plan to put back together to run in the World GT 200mm class. (It takes a 6 cell pack up the center and is LIPO ready)