R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The future of 1/12 scale
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 10:45 PM
SlowerOne
Tech Fanatic

It simply beggars belief that people can come on here and write things that are against someone with years of experience in this class, and working in a development role for a manufacturer.

Fundamentally, you guys are doing this class a lot of damage. You are saying that things we know don't work, will work. You are assuming that, because you've tried it at your Club and not lost out in the two or three races it's been run, that it's OK. You are blowing bubbles...

I don't find your names in the top ten of the big events, and I don't find them with a manufacturer either. You want to steam-roller the majority of 12th racers into something that you can't prove is competitive, involves a lot of investment, and will make people have to re-learn their hobby.

On top of that, you have no real alternative to offer, just a bunch of unsubstantiated tests from people who can't really drive as development drivers using kit that isn't approved by the National Associations.

I'll say it again - if this is such a god idea, then get it approved by your National Association as a class, and see how many people join in. This will be tried on this side of the pond, and we are not expecting a rush.

Adrian, I suggest we butt out and let the LiPo-loopy live in their own little World.