R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Scythe" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 12-15-2008, 04:35 PM
E.J. Evans
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
mikky - Not yet....lol....

Keith - Thanks and yes, this one will make it to full production. I believe everything is in full production now with already some parts/pieces coming in and are ready, others were checked and then sent out for anodizing as they will be ready next week. From the e-mails I've recieved, the minor updates that we worked on after this first car that I've been running are coming along great and things are progressing to the finished product... Speaking of which, I have to get back to these instructions!!

Here's a little update from this past weekend Fastcat's Holiday Challenge: 2nd leg of the Northeast Grand Slam Series:

I arrived on Friday to get set-up and run some practice with my TC, 1/12 and try to finish building my WGT car. The Photon was decient from the start and I only did some tire testing to try and find which tires I entended to use all weekend (Jaco Pinks). The lap times were ok, and I knew the track would change a lot so I decided to work more with my 1/12 (it wasn't all that great) and finish building the WGT.

Satruday I practiced a little more and thought that I was on pace. The first qualifier showed though that Kevin Hebert definatly had a great set-up on his car now and he was definatly going to be tought to beat. I still managed 2nd but was quite off the pace. I worked a lot on the set-up the next few runs and while I was able to close the gap to 3 seconds, it was still no where near where I wanted to be and the car was actually generating too much traction which caused it to lift both front and rear tires depending on the corner (on/off throttle). Needless to say, a bunch of thrash practicing after qualifying and I was able to greatly improve the set-up with changes to the front shock position on the front a-arm, front spring, front and rear camber links, ackerman and I think some others as I was just changing a lot super fast...lol.. In the end, it was much more consistant with better lap times but still was missing just a little more. I left it for Sunday to see how it would fair in the final round of qualifying.

Sunday I was on pace that would have been very close if not beat Kevin's TQ by .5-1 second but a crash with a minute to go ended my chances for 3 TQ's. The car still needed a little more so I changed the front width and rear diff tension for the final. In the final the car wasn't faster but just that little bit better that I needed. I was able to put good pressure on Kevin and a small bobble put me up front. From there, I just protected myself for a few laps and then stretched out a few car lenght lead when he made a mistake that left me in the clear to take a clean sweep of all 3 classes.

The car was quite good in the end and it was a great confidence builder to beat one of the top TC racers on foam tires right now. Kevin has had great runs in the 10.5 class the last year and has been runner up at the last few mod races so I know that the car is definatly on pace. Scary to think though that I still don't have all the details ironed out and I feel the car still has so much more to offer!! Let alone the minor adjustments for production that I know will make the car even better... I am very confident now, that we have a top (no pun intended) contender and have the potential to raise the bar in the TC market.
Great Job Josh!