R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated RC12R5
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 01:34 PM
TimNJ
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Brushless Pod Review

I raced my R5 with the brushless pod for the first time yesterday. The biggest difference I noticed was that the car was a bit more stable at top speed down the long straightaway with no tendency to want to wander. The wandering wasn't bad at all with the stock pod, but still it was perfect down the straight with the B/L pod. The rear end felt more planted, but was still just as quick to react side-to-side through "S" curves and 180's. It also tracked perfectly straight at the standing start of each heat, something it only seemed to do 1/2 of the time for me with the regular pod.

Also, now that the rear end of the car is just about perfectly balanced without having to turn one tweak screw a little tighter than the other, the car also seems to turn perfectly equally to the left and right. Not that it was "bad" with the stock pod. It's also quite a bit easier to swap motors in and out with the more open B/L pod. I ran a Trinity Duo 17.5 yesterday and will be running a 13.5 on Friday and back to the 17.5 on Sunday.

So all in all, IMHO, I would say that if you're a very sensitive driver, you'll notice an improvement with the B/L pod. It makes an awesome car "awesomer". Just my $.02