R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Dynamite Platinum 21
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 10:38 AM
xpertpredator
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malik
You can do as said earlier and trim alittle off the carbon shoes, or you can use the Mugen shoes. Mugen makes 2 kinds of alum shoes look up the part number and see if they are the regular ones or the light ones, the light ones will engage earlier which will give you more bottum end snap. But with alum shoes you will have to take the bell off after every race day and trim the " mushroom " affect off. Going to 1.1 springs with your stock shoes will also give alittle more snap. Try some scotchbrite pad on the inside of the bell to. Because you can get slippage from the bell being dirty, and spray your stock shoes with brake cleaner at the same time you clean the inside of the bell.
I have trimmed the shoes. I will go ahead and order some 1.1 springs. The mugen clutch shoes I have are the regular aluminum ones. I would prefer to stick with the carbon shoes though as it is a little less maintenance, but if the aluminum shoes will make a big difference I will use them. I mean my brothers losi 8ight rtr has more punch than I do.