R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Engine Wars Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2003, 08:50 PM
tl2111
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default TG777 1st test

first test report for 777 moded Sirio

As per instruction 2 tank idle, and 1 tank slow around the track with about 70 degree then start lean it for race tune. using no.6 plug 16%nitro fuel 5% caster and 5% synthetic. running standard tallest gearing from Kyosho 18/48, 22/44 at the moment, for this gearing engine feels strong every where., got lots of bottom but due to that gearing I ran out of gear at middle of the straight STILL HAVE MORE FROM IT, power down to the pipe nice and early, engine screaming at this point need to back off to prevent engine failure. Engine bottom end actually can match with one of the shaft drive car LD3 where its powered by the latest RB V12 Rody, at the back straight he can pull away a metre after exit the corner and I wheel it back at the end, so I guess its pretty even contest. engine running at around 120-130 degree. air temp 22c

I have driven few lap on that Rody power LD3, it was the best acceleration car i ever drive. launch out the corner like a rocket. but then again my 777Sirio power kyosho not far off from it and it has got better top end.

see ya
Tommy