R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - VTA MMR Club Spec Racing
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 02:31 PM
liljohn1064
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Centerline Racing
Lipos and brushless ARE allowed at all the regional tracks here, in other classes.

VTA is a "spec" class. Race it within the rules or put your lipo in a sedan and have a ball.

The point of us "getting it" just rubs some of you wrong because you want speed. We "get it" because VTA is not about speed, it's about driving skill. I'm sure that when the 12th scale lipo is released, it could be added to the rules as an option.

It doesn't matter what motor you run, VTA is not about 7.4v.

Allan
Now you're the one bagging everyone else for running within the posted NATIONAL rules. Enforce what you want at your local track for competition. I'm running the lowest maintenance, cheapest in the long run setup. If my 21.5 and lipos hold up for a year, I'll be ahead of the game money wise. I will still be within the posted rules, spending more time practicing and not wasting money on replacement 27 turn motors and NiMH batteries and as an added bonus I will still be within the National rules. 21.5 is much slower than you care to admit. Yes it does have more punch that a 17.5, but I've crossed that bridge and will not go back. Not when I can get a battery that charges 400 times more for a few dollars more and runs as good on its 399th charge as it did on its first. What I would like to know is why do you feel you need keep fighting this battle?