R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - B4 vs. XXX
Thread: B4 vs. XXX
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2003, 10:51 AM
TexRacer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Highway man.It's pretty simple.If you read everyone's post with racing knowledge they are really saying the same thing.
The losi is Simply more stable,more consistant and more forgiving and it's doesnt matter HOW THE CAR IS SETUP.I have been off and on for 15 yrs.I have been to many big races placing in the Amain as well as local races.
The B4 is a VERY nice buggy on smoother tracks and the statements about this car NOT working as well on rough tracks is one thing.TRUE.I dont care the setup on the car I tested about 40 different setups with the B4 on rough tracks with Team Input and it just wasnt happening.Smooth tracks its super nice.
The guy who keeps posting how the car did and so on.One thing.The car is ballistic on those types of tracks with EXPERIENCED racers.Plus have you been to a big event in the last year?I wouldnt say the cleanest of racing has been going on.
I give Props to Travis and mark for being Hella Fast no matter what they are driving.I would say right now they have 2 of the fastest drivers out compared to the losi team.
The B4 is an aggressive car thats very fast on smoother tracks.I simply like the losi better personally due to feeling like it's underneith me all the time.It's all about setup.
If you have raced onroad and have the basics down I would say if your track is somewhat smooth and consistant dirt wise that EITHER car will do you fine.I think the losi is a better buy due to $40.00 or so more you get $180.00 or more just in hopups.
Plus if the track is rough,new to offroad I think the losi is just a better drive.
Disclosure:::::This is my opinion but an experienced one.Not one from a magazine that CANT be truly Bias and used STOCK setups which anyone running a XXX with experience KNOWS this car doesnt work well using X-2000's.It pushes unless different fronts or there is a setup change.Plus they geared the cars as the book states and that would be overgearing by losi's standards.
I would focus on what tires work for your track,what the track conditions are like and if you havent been on offroad before take it to heart when 3-5 guys say the losi is more stable and more forgiving.
Goodluck to everyone and goodluck with your decision on cars.
Les