R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI's DB12R
Thread: BMI's DB12R
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 10:59 AM
schreff
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
I will have Jason Schreffler send me his 17.5 setup from 360 raceway last weekend.
You want my setup? HUH? That'll be $1,000,000 USD by the end of business today.

Here's what I have from memory without looking at the car. The setup wasn't perfect. I've been continuously experimenting trying to find what I want with the car. This may work for some, but not all of you.

-Front-
-BMI .020 springs w/ about .010 spring sag
-#5 surelube on kingpins
-6* caster
-5* reactive blocks
- -1 camber
-#4 ride height adjusters
-Servo flat with tall ball studs on steering blocks to fix bumpsteer
-Parma Coral tires

-Rear-
-.064 flex plates (long)
-#4 surelube in tubes
-silva shock w/ 40wt oil and ASC red spring (not sure on length)
-ASC shock mount raised 2mm and medium ball stud on mount (mount also all the way back on chassis)
-battery full forward
-Parma Gray tires

Gearing was 80/49 with a Losi 17.5. It probably could have used another tooth. The body was a Parma Speed 8 LW. I don't remember the rear ride height adjusters. The car was 3.5mm ride height in front and 4mm in rear. The front tires were glued too. The rears only had the bead glued so they wouldn't rip off the rims. The traction was crazy high at 360 for the regionals.

This setup, at 360, pushed a little off power. Then again, I'm not 100% sure how good it would have been if I would have put fresh tires on it. It probably would have turned more. Either way... it's still a work in progress, but something definitely to try. And no, I did not use tweak screws.