R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ta04r...
Thread: Ta04r...
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2001, 09:40 PM
hobbipro
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Talk about new found respect, I was running a MR4-SP edition for about 8 months, it was a love/hate relationship. It was a very fast and agile car, a little on the delicate side, with no major problems except the MR4 belts are only about 3mm wide, and will tear up in a heart beat! I was reading on the new Altezza TA04-R in R/C car, and fell in love with the body, plus they raved on its performance to boot. I started thinking of the good old days when I had a Hornet for my first car, A grasshopper was next, then a lunchbox was my first truck. I have always had a soft spot for my first R/C, But Since those days of glory I was racing Losi's, Associated, Yokomo type cars, the Tamiya just seemed like it was just a toy for beginners to bash around with, Boy was I wrong ! I found a Altezza kit and quickly grew to respect its performance, and now needless to say the MR4 was shown the door This Tamiya car is soooo easy to drive fast its not funny. It cuts inside corners so well, that sometimes I have to stop and do the same corner over again just to see how well this car drives! I'm so impressed in fact I bought a TA04 pro on sale at ultimatehobbies, it will be my parts mule. The Altezza is going through the "works" mode now with the full graphite treatment, shock stays, lower plate, Aluminum racing steering, and will be getting the delron outdrives as well. Is it worth it? Heck Ya! Anyone reading this wanting to know if Tamiya can compete, I'm here to tell ya its a very well ballanced, fast, and is turning heads at my local track, especially when I throw that carbon looking Altezza body on !