R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 09:16 PM
SirSwiftAlot
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony gray
Shhh, you want everyone to know our secrets!!!

And I can get one out of the box that does the same thing too.. the production tolerances are such that some are awesome, some aren't. In the end it makes very little difference anyway because to a large extent minis are governed mainly by one thing - fixed gearing. So the top end is mainly a motor function. And acceleration? We lose most of it in wheelspin....so a super efficient transmission is nice to show your mates, but doesn't necesssarily put trophies on the shelves! But it does give people with too much time on their hands at night (on bad TV nights?) something to do!
Well said, plus its fun being on the pipe and then watching your car leap like its got a second gear. Tony I have a question for you - I have built, broke down, tore apart, and rebuilt my mini more times then I care to remeber but anyways its well over 60 times and I finally noticed after the last time that when i turn my wheels that I don't have the same turning radius (i kinda knew it before but did nothing about it) so after closer inspection, repeated measurements, adjustments to the ball cups, the hieght of the ball cup, location on the servo, and servo starting position. I have come close to what I want but its not perfect do you or anyone else have any input on this thanks for the help. Also does anyone have any input on putting a mini on a four corner scale set? I did it and was wondering if anyone could elaborate or chime in on there position of an uneven weighing car like the mini cooper and how it impacts the car at a very competitive race level. i.e. enter and exit of turns from both left to right as well as breaking into a turn.

Thanks a ton
Brandon