R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic G4
Thread: Team Magic G4
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 07:49 PM
freestyles
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sp Racer
With what you have, i'd use the yellow spring, (brown) red shoe and red throw weights - depending on how you like the clutch to engage, try 0.7 spring pre load and experiment with 2 slugs, 1 slug or no slugs ( less slugs make the clutch take longer to engage )

The white shoe is good, but has very little slip so you have to have the pre-load , slugs etc etc just right otherwise the engine will bog down.

The red shoe bites almost as hard but easier to set up if you know what i mean......in either case, they are far better than the kit black shoe.

See if you can get hold of the "push type" throw weights and hardware - they transform the clutch

http://www.rctech.net/forum/5012981-post1354.html

Hi Luis,

I'm about to order the CRF square clutch spring do you recommend it or should i stick with the yellow spring?

Also what's the difference between the UFO1-UFO2? Is it just the material?

I'm going to do a clutch over haul tonight seems as though it's pouring rain and i can't drive it

PS: That link you posted in the last message to me doesn't seem to work have you got another one because i'm confused as i thought i had a "push type" clutch

Last edited by freestyles; 12-11-2008 at 08:09 PM.