R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Selling modded motors? Think again!
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2003, 11:03 AM
patelladragger
Tech Master

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
You are refering to some moddifier(s) was claiming to another copy his modding desings, but nobody copying Novas designs, just modding their existing with no removing any Novas brand signs. So, I would sugest to say your post realy doesn't make sence in this particular situation.
Anything?
If you have limited powers of comprehension maybe it doesn't make sense. If you are even moderately perceptive you would see the situations are very similar. It was agreed that no one could "copy" the designs of a modifier exactly - people could take general ideas and then extend upon them, which was done. And then sold. I for one don't think novarossi's approach is any more legit than the modifier who threatened to to sue was. RB posted on their website their strategy is to just keep producing fast engines and not get involved in who was trying to mimic them (paraphrase). It just seems ironic to me the same people bashing novarossi now were solidly behind small-time modifiers threatening to sue others for doing essentially the same thing...taking someone else's product, improving/changing it, then selling it under your own brand for profit.