R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 01:42 PM
speedsterblade
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by g12314
Hmmm, could it be he just plain drives better or has a very dialed in setup??? No, how dare I suggest such a thing.

I made a simple shock position adjustment and camber link length change on the front of my T/A car this past weekend, and found a 0.4 sec faster lap time.... YES 0.4 sec, which put me on pace with the TQ car. So instead of worrying about tire warmers, lipo warmers, heat guns, magic voodoo tires sauces, maybe re-evaluate your cars setup and your driving lines.

Jimmy
Thanks for the comment & suggestions Jimmy. wish i could find 4 tenths just on a setup change!

We are fairly equal drivers though I'm typically faster through the infield, especially the fast sweeper. Setups are both fairly dialed but I'm sure I can prolly squeeze a tenth maybe 2 with some fine tuning but practice/tuning/track time is limited..and out of tuning ideals as the car is working pretty well in the corners with the current setup. Last race I focused souly on my lines but could only better my best lap by 2 tenths which helped me stay on the same lap (which was a first in a long time) but no way can I run him down & pass...just lose too much down the straight.