R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Brushed or Brushless?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2003, 01:12 PM
crono man
Tech Adept

Originally posted by speedxl
proud winner thanks for having some understanding that what a few my think as a benifit to them is not one to others you'll put a few companies out of buisness and the choice that you have of different manufactures will fall into the hands of 1 or 2 of the industry giants, we all like the idea of not having to rebuild motors
but in all retrospect its not the savior to r/c racing. i do see the lipoly batteries making their way to r/c before the brushless plus
i am sure that the brushed motors we have we some tweeking or different compounds of brushes will have no problem using them as power source. plus if we detuned them to run those batteries it might slow the cars down i think we are going to run into the same problems we had with modified pancars! if we dont slow them down!
Li-poly WILL be the first nail in the brushed motor coffin!

Think of it this way no one will want to go slower then what there running today so do you honestly thing that people will accept slower brushed motor just so they could last longer when they bl at hand?
come on speedxl!
Already your making sacrifices(speed) with brushed in order to keep a decent motor lifespan!

WHY????