R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Brushed or Brushless?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2003, 11:20 AM
ZER01
Tech Master

Originally posted by UCHEATULOSE
one problem when you try and limit a racer..when you say you can only run a 10 turn motor..ok now i'll take that 10 turn and crank the timing up so high it becomes a one run motor? i hate the idea myslef..we almost do that now with 19 t oval.. mod touring car i think will go 4 cell in time..technology destroyed pan car racing can you imagine 6 cells and a 7 turn for on road with foams? WOW! out of control..like a 8 year old with his 1st ready to run nitro car! CRAZY FAST

mod touring is heading down the same path..remember HPI belted tires? remember the street weapon? those were the days? bolt what you wanted in that car and it wouldn't help you..now you have SPOOLS and sticky tires and touring cars that handle like pan cars? the new batteries the new motors everything is getting faster and faster..now corally has direct drive? were almost at the end of our limits? kinda sucks..i can think of only a few guys here in florida that can honestly run full blown touring mod and look good doing it..and we have some very good drivers in florida ..we get to race year round outside and inside..

if you make the brushless class run 5 minutes and at the same time allow a guy with a 7 single brushed motor to race with you..i see no advantage to using a brushless system? sure i will cut the comm and stick new brushess in..you will walk over and blow off your car..but in the end i still have a great shot at beating you? maybe touring will go brushless and have 15 minute mains? kinda like a gas car only quiet and not as cranky to tune? i'm not against anything new..but i realy think trinity will in the end..decide if this is a cool undrground idea or if it goes mainstream..watch what unfolds this upcoming year..maybe a MTRONIKS brushless system? first add in the back of car action telling us all that brushless is the future from trinity is the day we all are forced to go brushless..not until than..we all own 3 180.00 speedos and have a box of motors ..we couldn't even sell them on ebay...ouch! i think we lose some racers when the switch occurs?
I agree. What's gonna happen to Peak? Team Orion? Reedy?What about Puntnam? Banzai? Lightspeed? All these people will be greatly affected of the change and this doesn't mean they will not have a part of the brushless motor. Same goes for all the ESC manufactures, I think it's gonna be awhile before brushless is legal.

Last edited by webspinner; 09-19-2003 at 11:31 AM.