R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho VoneR Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2001, 12:36 PM
Ah10
Tech Master

Originally posted by Mauler

Most guys over here have tried the LSD and to some degree of disappointment, it is similiar to a rather loose diff... Some guys have even cracked the sun gear for your information... Given the price difference, a better try would be the negative diff...
Yeah I heard a few ppl has problem with Kyosho LSD including our Master of RC Mr. MantiHardcore.

I have the Kawahara Negative Diff on my Mugen and I just absolutly love it! First of all, mantiance is very low almost next to nothing, if you do it right the first time! Thanks to Manticore's help on setting it up, expecially the choice of washer at the end of the small bevel gear shaft). As of today I probably had about 20~25 tanks of fuel on the diff after I set it up completely and it's still feel the same as day one. I guess the key is a sealed unit with the right lube and most importantly is the amount of lube.

Anyway back to the unit itself, on slow corner, Turning diameter is really small because of the loose diff, and when I punch it from exiting corners the car just rocket with without fish tailing or unstable rear(usually if you have a loose diff it will fish tailing because both rear wheel is fighting for traction) and most importantly on straight away the car is very stable, you dont have to fight the steering wheel to get a straight line when you are on and off throttle. Speaking of that, I had a good experience and example want to share with all of you! Yesterday I was running my car at revelation and there were a few cars running there too, cut the story short, I was with an impluse when we both exit the sweeper, I was on the inside and he was on the outside, swear to god, we were like 1 inch next to each other and we both were just WOT and we were neck to neck then we fender bender a little bit on a high speed straight away, I am guessing we are pretty much close to top speed but I was really suprise we werent into accident, we were just like bump and go type of accident! What I am trying to say is even on highspeed on throttle the diff is just like a solid axle small pushing impact will not upset the car, I guess it's a combination of a few components but I have tried this before I have the diff on and I just spun around!

I am very very happy with the Negative Diff! I guaranty you that you will not regret!