R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 10:58 AM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Does anyone know if a 4mm chassis is made for the 416 by any aftermarket companies?
Cheers for the setup Randy, I'll get it put on a sheet and on the site this weekend, along with my (winning ) 13.5 setup from the third round of Carpet Wars this weekend... it also has a bundle of steering, although I think there is now more too come from the driver than anything else, still not fully happy with how I'm driving a spool on carpet.

I guess it would be possible to get Fibre-Lyte to make one... I asked them before about a chassis for the 415, and they said all they needed was the dimensions of the plate to make it.

www.fibre-lyte.co.uk

Worth a punt

Originally Posted by zacabrandy
What other items would be recommended to purchase if buying a 416WC to allow a good ability to tune for different tracks. I'm not talking spares, just tuning.

I've noticed there are short arms, different pulleys and all that crap. I run stock and super stock quite competitively and like to be able to tune to different tracks. I've steered away from Tamiya because it seems a racer needs almost a whole different version for each track.

This car does appeal to me, but I'm just worried it will be an expensive change with not much results.

Cheers
Aaron
Aaron, the results pretty much speak for themselves... and not just on the international stage, it goes very well in a clubmans hands. Veecee's right though, with a WCE car, you have pretty much everything in the box. Only things I would suggest are;

Spring set's - HPI Blue, Silver, Gold, Pink as well as the Tamiya spring set are pretty much all you need. I seem to struggle a little with the feel of the HPI's indoors, and prefer the Tamiya's for that

Roll bar set - Just gives you all the options, although most run Medium front, and soft or medium rear all the time

Some extra suspension blocks - more for reducing the rear toe-in than anything.

And thats about it... the car really does work very well, and all the tuning options are more than anything refinements.

Oh, and if anyone hasn't seen, the 416 wce manual is now online...http://www.tamiya.com/japan/download/rc_index.htm

Regards
Ed