View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 02:03 AM   #1543
JimmyMac
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny/SMC View Post
Do you have the cycle numbers of when you stored them and how long did they stay stored ? I have heard from some that have left packs sit for a long period of time that the IR goes up and that means voltage will be down. Racers using there packs regularly don't seem to seeing this. So I believe it's best if the packs get stored with no charge and cycled once in awhile to make sure the voltage of the cells doesn't go under 3 volts.
My quote at the top of the page was my last cycle before I stored them with 1000mah put back into them. That was back in 4/27/2008 according to the post. They haven't been touched until this past weekend... 12/04/2008. So that's over 7 months worth of storage without ever touching or even acknowledging the packs existence.

Of course I don't suggest this to anyone. But I was just curious what the outcome would be. I'm sure you would be curious too. I don't plan on racing anytime soon. But I wanted to cycle them anyways. Now that I have my equipment unpacked, I'll continue to cycle them every week and see what happens. If I do start racing again (maybe spring time), I'll probably buy a 5000 pack from ya.

If these were nimh pack, they'd be in the garbage. No questions asked. Anyways, I'll post my numbers later tonight (Monday).

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote