View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 08:02 PM
JHIH
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Adam? View Post
Those balancers are the same as Hyperion's LBA6, I believe. Their newer chargers are based on the LBA10, so I don't think that adapter would work. That's too bad, because I'd REALLY like an adapter just like that for the Duo. Fussing with the board is a hassle.
I think the LBA6 uses the same as the Great Planes Equinox, but definitely not the same as the Trakpower/Flightpower. The LBA10 uses a unique adapter like you said.

You can always just buy a JST-XH plug and replace the circuit board with that, right? Just cut off the circuit board, line up & connect the black end wire on the XH plug all the way to the right (the last black wire the way it plugs in) on your DUO adapter, and connect the two wires next to the black wire on the XH plug with the each of two wires to the left on the hyperion adapter that plugs into the charger. I would use a multimeter to confirm that is the correct configuration, but I'm pretty confident that would work.

In other words, the 3 wires circled in blue in the second pic below are the only ones even used for the 2S JST-XH adapter...just cut the circuit board off and solder a female JST-XH plug onto those three wires. I saw some cheap Trakpower female XH plugs also available at Nexus.

Don't let all the wires scare you ...all you need is 3 of them + the correct adapter for a 2S pack.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HP-EOS610DUO.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	394444   Click image for larger version

Name:	HP-LB10-XH.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	394447  

Last edited by JHIH; 12-06-2008 at 08:05 PM. Reason: typo