R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2009 ROAR Carpet Nationals at The Gate!!
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 02:04 PM
chicky03
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Fellow Racers:

This past Sunday night, I went to the track to drop off my gear after the Indoor Champs. Upon arriving, the floor was covered with water, the track soaked and most likely ruined. Turns out, at the time we thought a sump pump had failed in the building, causing the massive leak (not the fault of the track).

We were prepared to get new flooring and carpet for the winter season, until I received the following from the landlord:

Paul:

Bad news - the roof is sinking in the south west corner of the building and that is where the water is pouring in. We are going to send a letter out today, advising you that you need to vacate the space ASAP. Carl will put caution tape up in the area that we do not want anyone in. You will have 30 days to vacate and return the space to us.

They did remove some of the water, but this will occur again as soon as it warms up.

Call me if you have any questions.

Denise A. Armstrong, General Manager
SG USA LTD
Southgate USA Management Office

Sadly, the scheduled race for December 20 must be cancelled and we are now actively looking for a new location for the track. Some of them are promising, but we will not know when we will be able to move in, or if they’ll fit our needs and budget.

ROAR is aware of the situation and in conjunction with looking for a place to run the weekly racing we are also looking for a building or hotel to run the Carpet Nationals should that space not be sufficient enough. The Nats location will be decided by December 15th or we will have to forfeit the race to the back up location.

We are asking the racers to please help out in any way possible. We need to temporarily move everything from the track to another location in the shopping mall until we finalize a new location. Any leads on potential track sites are also appreciated. Obviously, this is an urgent situation.

Paul
[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3085444758_77006566d3_o.jpg
Views:	1051
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	394135