R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What does racing really cost?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2003, 01:35 PM
rayhuang
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Cost is as much as you you want to spend. SOmehow or another you always find a way to get the the one part you think you need. Lots of time I buy it used!!! I've had great luck and raely get burned. When I had credit cards it was crazy!! Now I live on cash. Its a lot better way to live

As far as comparing to to other sports. what makes RC so expensive is you do it 4 to 5 times a month. I used to race enduro karts at a very high level up till two years ago (Baby!!!) and I spent almost as much to KEEP racing RC cars as I did on karts. Its true. RC cars add up no the checkbook.

Someone else made a great point-the cost isnt the issue here-its the unbelievable feeling you get while racing. For me-karts is the ultimate!!! Speed, heat, noise, the mental game-outbraking someone on the outside, taking that turn flat out wheneveryone says its a lift!!! Winning a race, driving the cool off lap-waving at the turn marshalls, seeing your family and friends smiling ear to ear as you pull in to the pits!!!

RC cars is even harder to describe to outsiders why its addictive.

Last edited by rayhuang; 09-18-2003 at 01:49 PM.