R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LIPO rating system. Time for xtreme rc to do a lipo shoot out.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:19 AM
Joel Lagace
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sure an independent 3rd party would be great. But common lets get real, we are talking about toy car batteries. In a hobby where only about 10% actually race. I understand the reluctance to beleiver maganzines but in our small industry its all we have and for the most part they are trust worthy.

I mean we read the magazines dont we? If we all though they where full of bullS!@#$ and lies why would anyone buy them? We dont have to 100% trust the results. I just think that they are the most likely group to do this shoot out. Maybe after they have done the shootout we can discusss weather or not it was a fair or legit test.... Its like not voting because you feel the canditates are all liars.... (ok bad comparison they all lie) but to suggest they dont do the test because a few think the test will be skewed is a shame....

also this shoot out does not need to be complicated. As racers most of us Trust the GFX and the whole line of CE matchers and chargers. So base the tests on that. We dont need to run packs in 5 classes of cars with 5 types of motors. We shop for our nihms by numbers. Do the same for lipo.... To many variables with running cars on a track to test a battery..

The test:
-ROAR packs
-Basher packs
-store bought battery
-if submitted by the manufacture state that
-Typical 35Amp GFX cycle test.
-time line data show the discharge curves
-standardized C rate test
-price vs performance comparison
-case tests(drop test)
-case measurements
-weight

They dont print lies with there xdyno(well we have no way to know it) and because of that motor builders are buying xdynos to use in house.... So i am confident enough to accept results if they print them...

If for nothing more we would actually have reason to piss and moan in a tread for 10pages as we all fight with all the fanboys over who;s pack was better or worse.