R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Trakpower 2S Balancing harness Help needed, Hyperion adapter looks wrong
Old 12-05-2008, 01:47 AM
gazza83
Tech Initiate

Here in Australia I have a Swallow LCB-6C balancer which I believe is the same as the LBA10 and I ordered the Maxamps http://www.maxamps.com/HYP-MULTI-GOLD.htm cable (this is available at a lot of other places) thinking it would work OK with my Trakpower saddle pack. Unfortunately that cable has a 6S size Hyperion (HP) tap plug instead of a 2S size tap (which seems to be so you can direcly plug it into one of the new HP style chargers with inbuilt balancing). So I simply rewired the 6S cable that came with the balancer (I don't intend using any 6S batteries) to use the 5 wires (at the balancer) to the 3 wires (at the Maxamps 6S plug) identical to the way the 2S connector is wired at the balancer end, but matching the location of the +/-ve and balance (ie 3) wires on the 6S end. Took a couple of minutes to pop all the wires out and redirect them. Works now by plugging the balancer red/black wires into the charger, then the rewired 6S tap into the Maxamps cable which goes onto the battery (I have shrink wrapped the other end of the red/black wires so they don't short out).

Hope that helps someone.

Cheers