R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC8 Factory Team vs MBX 6 need some feedback
Old 12-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Bigedmond
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by paul_j
How many MBX6 are racing locally and why can they not finishing a 20 minute main?
Savoya had no problems in finishing 3rd at the Worlds in a 1 hour main and had only had the car a matter of days to work out a setup. The only mods from box stock kit were alloy towers and rear hubs with a Ti screw kit which are all available from Mugen.
R u seriously trolling me??

we have 4 non pros that all went from 5r's to 6's, and 2 pros. The pros are doing better with them, but they are pros, which someone who is trying to decide between the 2 cars likely is not. One of our fastest non-pros is having a hard time with his 6. Hell, the amateur state champ, who won last month won it with a 5 prospec, not even a 5r. He beat 3 6's, 2 of which were broke on a track that only had 2 jumps. You might have heard of said track, since it host the Silver State race every year.

Both have the potential to be great cars, i will give them that. I still say, look at who has them around you. Also if you have pros that run, see what they are running. They are the best place to get setup help. That is why i will start running AE, and selling my xray.