R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CLEVELAND US INDOOR CHAMPS 2008
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 09:31 PM
nashrcracer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adamge
Sanity check:

Was I the only one that saw Artur C's car doing smoking donuts while warming up for his TC mod qualifier (I think it was Saturday)?
I was in the scoring booth and it was crazy... I took a picture of the carpet after he did it and posted it to my site. I just wish I would of had video of it, it looked sweet.

Originally Posted by RCSteve93
Does anyone know how the scheduling program did?
got a few bugs to work out as was posted it didn't have the full screen showing the right side cut off the main titles. but I need to talk to him about that. tell your dad to send me an email to discuss.

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
One suggestion is to shrink the width of the window displaying the schedule. Fully 25% of the width of the TV screen was "dead space" (just empty space). If the schedule window was narrower, either more of the web cams, or preferrably, scoring and timing information could be shown. The web cams displayed on the in room TV channel are almost worthless, since the frame rate is low, resulting in nothing but blurs when cars go by. You can't tell which cars are which. I think that the scoring/timing info would be more worthwhile.
I personally have tried to do that on a budget for the last 3 years. guess I'll have to spend some money next year. The tv in our hotel room you could make out the cars at least I thought so. but I don't think you could get anything to show the cars in mod as they were just blurs anyway. the way I was pipping that to the internet it was going to be slow and I can't make the selfcast window any bigger without changing the res of the screen to 800x600 which changes the schedule program. have to see if I can work that out better. sort of got the latest version of the schedule program monday night before I left tuesday morning for cleveland. not a lot of time for testing. now that I have it we can mess with things to make it better for next year.

on a sub note how about video of the races..... 12th 17.5 "A" main