R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic E4 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 08:09 PM
liljohn1064
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WEEZY
Hey john on the springs that you are using, are they the team magic? do you know what lbs they are? I am getting ready for a big race this weekend on the carpet and was just trying to see where i should start. I am gonna take one of marcos setups and figure out where to go from there. Running the new r9-r body. i will post a setup when its all said and done. Thanks guys.

+1 wolf hobbies is the bomb!!!
I'm running the TM springs, blue greens up front, 1.6 mm, light greens in the rear, 1.2 mm. They are not rated in lbs. like Associated springs. They are the the softest pair in back and the 5th stiffest spring they sell up front. Only the light blue, orange and gray are stiffer. I'm running 50 wt oil front and rear. Front shocks are on the inner hole on the arm due to a binding issue I created and leaned all the way in on top. Check your compressed steering clearance. Turn the wheels all the way right or left, then push up on the wheel to make sure you don't bind the shock to the back of the rim. I'm using associated spring cups with the bottom lip removed. I can tell you from experience, you'll get a surprise you don't want. The rear shocks are in the outer hole on the A-arm and the 3rd hole in on the tower. Front toe is 0*, rear toe is 2.5*. Front camber is -2*, rear is 1*. Ride height is 5 mm in the front, 5.5 in the back. I use Jack the Gripper for traction, I sauce 1/4 or less of the very inside of the front tires and the whole back tire. Wipe it off, let it dry 20 to 30 minutes, massage the tires and put right on the track and take one warm up lap. No burn outs.

And yes, Wolf Hobbies does rock. I get my parts in 3 days normally.