R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 06:53 AM
Integra
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonro
Im having big problems with my making my front clutch bearings last more than 3 tanks.

It seems that they are overheating and just disintegrating, as when i pulled the clutch off the other day after ANOTHER front failure and both seals were intact but there were no balls in the bearing, what the hell?

I recently put a new bell in so i can rule that out. It seems like its getting too hot. I decided to put the temp gun on the bell it it was at 300F!

Im running all alu shoes, 2 with gold springs and 2 with silver.

It seems strange to me, usually when using alu shoes bells are vented but the losi one i sent, does losi make a vented bell?

Ive checked and double checked the bell/spur mesh and the bell end play but they just keep going out on me.

Any ideas?

1 ditch the silver springs....those aren't helping the situation.....2 I wish losi made vented bells....it would help in keeping the clutch in check and temps reasonable....ive drilled out a couple but when Brand new its nearly impossible even with a Brand new Carbide bite its still a pain in the arse...make sure the mesh is alot looser then normal...so there's a decent Tick in the gears...but they arent too far apart they are barely touching.