R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ESC forum
Thread: ESC forum
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2001, 10:31 AM
Darkseid
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I remember now what the guy from the old board had a problem with. He thought that Novak should have offered a free adapter cord considering the C2/TC2 use a different harnest for the Pit Wizard. He contacted Novak and they blew him off. Its a small thing to be sure, but he thought that they should have offered it free if they were going to make it incompatible with the current Pit Wizard. Personally I agreed with him, but apparently Novak didn't. A simple difference of opinion. Hopefully he didn't turn into someone who hates Novak because of it, but it seems that it doesn't take much more than that for someone to start bashing a company.

holy ear guy: I'm still trying to figure out that cap thing too. How they went from planning on making it internal...to.....leaving it external AND making it bigger, I don't know. But, your right it is time to get smaller. The Cyclone used to be small, but that was compared to the Tekin G12 and G10 and LRP V6 and V7.1. But compared to the GMV12, LRP Quantum, and Keyence ZeroV xtreme, its not all that small at all. But, the rallying cry has always been that it is the most programmable. True, true...but, when you walk through the pits how many guys(or gals) do you actually see programing the speedo at the track with the Pit Wizard. In comparison how often do you hear some one say let me take a little drag break out, or change min. brake or frequency on the stand alone programmable units. Maybe not often since people don't change the settings all the time, but its more often than you see people with a Pit Wizard.

But, right now Novak is on top of the industry. So they don't neccesarily have to make the change until they want to. Also like I said they seemed to be focused on the chargers right now. Like the new Millenium with the Pit Wizard built in. Now thats pretty neat!

Last edited by Darkseid; 08-30-2001 at 10:33 AM.