R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - kicked out of a stock class?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 02:58 PM
ckaspar
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How about this? What lap times where you running compared to there others in the class?

If you are lapping them several times then how is that fun for anyone, you included? If it is a nail biter finish then that is what racing is about.

At the track where I race we have (in order of progression) for buggy:
Beginner (Run what you brung)
Stock Buggy Amateur(17.5 or 27)
Stock Buggy Sportsman(17.5 or 27)
Super Stock Buggy Amateur(13.5 or 19)
Super Stock Buggy Sportsman(13.5 or 19)
Mod Buggy(Open)

I actually run truck but the the same class structure. When I was racing Amateur I told the race director and Owner that I wanted to bump up cuz I got tired of getting hit. I don't know if I am good enough to race sporstman but I have heard no complaints from others in the race and I run middle of the pack most nights, got a TQ and a win in the mix too but those were light nights.

I would consider it an honor if I was asked to bump up to Super Stock or Mod. I would "drop the coin" and get me a motor that would be competitive and run it. And who said a 13.5 is not competitive in Mod, just depends on track size and layout.

Of course the "Higher" classes usually pull smaller crowds because fewer are able to drive that good.

And perhaps just another way to think about it. They did not ask you to leave after your 2 hour drive, they asked you to race in a different class and you said no and left. Just a different take on it.

Again a lot of this depends on how badly you were dominating the field. I would be interested to see your Mains.