R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pinching a motor.Who do you use?. What are the PRO ancd CONS.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:11 PM
bjr48
Tech Regular

I have one question before I would ever get one pinched again.

I had an OS 21 VG pinched by one of the reputable guys already mentioned here. It worked fine and ran very good when I put it back together. BUT when I removed the sleeve to send it in, it came out easily. When it was returned to me after being pinched it was VERY hard to push back in. What does that mean?? Only thing I can guess is that it was pinched out of round. It was so hard to get out to do further maintenance a few weeks later that pouring after run oil from the bottom to soak for a few hours and heating it up like I was going to replace bearings did little good. It was still able to only grab the block with Kevlar gloves and push the bottom of the sleeve with the padded handle of my pliers to have it come out about 1/2" using all my strength and in frustration the stupid method I used to get it the rest of the way out ruined it by slightly pinching it. Boy was I stupid and mad that night

So basically why would a pinched sleeve be difficult to impossible to re-install and take back out? I fully believe in the pinching after trying it but have to know what happened before I would do it again. And yes, if it happened next time I would definately call the guy and talk to him before I went any futher. Lesson learned !