R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SMC 28C 4000/5000 Hardcase Lipo part 2
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Danny/SMC
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mojoman
Hey Guys,

I heard that Comp. Elec. is now updating their turbo chargers to charge to 8.44 instead of 8.40. It would be interesting to see if they offer that service to those of us who sent it back before that update was offered, and what some of the number differences are, as far as cycling and testing.

Anyway, I direct races at my local track and have decided not to allow heating packs at all. I think 85* will be my cut off. We already check voltage and have had some packs come to tech and fail.

Thanks,
Casey
The reason why Comp. Elec. is doing this is that many racers were using LRP chargers which you have an option to calibrate the voltage so you can reach 8.44. Going to 8.44 does make the numbers look a bit better. I do have an LRP charger so I can't test the difference but I know it does give a bit better numbers.

Great to hear your not allowing heating of the packs as I think this is just another step that everybody would end up doing and would provide no advantage if everyone does it. Lipos are very easy to handle so we need to keep it this way. What I would reccomend you do is to put a pack in tech as a control pack and allow 10 degrees above the control pack. There could be warmer parts in the building due to pit lights and other things. You warn your racers that if they show up with a pack that is over 10 degrees they don't get to run that run and if it happens again they can't run for the rest of the day.