R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Thunder Power Rc 40C 5000 Lipo
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 12:33 AM
O'Brain
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by robk
I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Look at the quote. There is no comparison to 1:1 car systems, just a a mention that there are far superior batteries of whatever composition available. I don't see any "irresponsible" comments. You just seem to be looking to hang these guys before they even have their battery available to the public.

" I have a buddy who races with me alot , also happens to develope lipo battery systems for hybrid and all electric automobiles ... He laughed at the false lipo claim thread, and is probably laughing at the guys questioning the 40c as well... There are far far superior batterys out there that just havent made it to the rc industry yet cause of cost and other reasons."

BTW, what does "It is really a common sense for a Lipo maker to feel interest about all the packs out there in the market from different manufacturers. " mean? Are you a manufacturer of lipos?

Ultimately, we are going to see what all these batteries do on the track. Not to mention, 90% of the people out there will never push any of these batteries to their limits because they are running 17.5 or 13.5.
What I want to point out is the know-how of the "far far superior batteries" for EV cars that can hardly apply to high C rate lithium polymer battery packs. It will be irrelevant to use that as an example to "laugh at the false lipo claim thread".

As a Lipo manufacturer, I don't have any doubt for the development of a better C rate battery packs (40C 50C 60C),but I do believe that many different brand name packs out there are making false claim. I did test many different packs with my equipments in my facility and they were far away from what they claimed on their labels.

The performance of all these batteries do on the track that is important, however it is also very important that if the batteries have a good cycling life. By using some low end material and sell batteries in a high end label and a high end price with differrent brand names that is irresponsible.