R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ◄I've tried everything...tuning help please►
Old 11-29-2008, 05:07 PM
TRYMY4.0
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (86%+)

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
What are you tuning with? Just one needle or both?

Did you read the directions on tuning and you want to tune it when its warmed up and hot. Also pull your plug, try another one.

Beyond that for sake of giving you something to go with. Im not sure how familiar your with tuning.

But I would run the car around...tune the top end. Make sure its smoking and not bogging out and running right. Then bring it in , let it idle for a few seconds , then give it gas....what does it do...act boggy or act real responsive.

Go from there , if its boggy , just lean the low end until its a good mixture of power , smoke and responsiveness. Then take it back out and retune the top-end again if need be.
I have done all that. I returned the HSN to factory and it bogs and cuts off. Could it be the engine?

Originally Posted by CurveTracer
Laying the car upside down may not detect a fuel system leak.
Here is a better method: remove the fuel tank, with its carburetor line and pressure line. Pinch off the exhaust pipe pressure line, blow air into the fuel line and pinch it off also. Now you have a pressurized fuel system. Submerge the entire assembly into a container of water. Look for air bubbles escaping arround the fuel tank, tank lid, pressure, or fuel line.
Ok, thanks a lot. I am going to do that RIGHT NOW!

Originally Posted by revo523
Put everything back to factory settings let the car warm up and start with your highend needle once its where you want it then move to the lowend needle. sounds to me like a engine thats running fat!
I know, it seems like too much fuel is getting in an locks up but when I lean it out....same thing.

-Ant.