R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Thunder Power Rc 40C 5000 Lipo
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 09:32 PM
robk
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by O'Brain
Good points??? Please make your statement after you do more research on Lithium Polymer-ion battery (Lipo). Someone who does know about the manufacturing of the high rate lithium battery may really laugh at your ignorance of the Lipo facts.

A Hybrid car or a EV car is using a large capacity lithium battery system (range from 30Ah to 500Ah) or the Manganic acid lithium battery. Did you buddy tell you that is a totally different chemistry formulation from the high rate lithium polymer battery? The "far far superior battery" is for large capacity battery for EV cars and it is a restraint for the RC packs due to the battery cell size limitation. Can your buddy tell you why the good lipo manufacturer may able to improve the C rate for a lipo pack from his "professional" Lipo powering knowledge for EV cars? You are simply asking a space shuttle engineer to build a submarine. Or you need me to tell you the correct answer?

I don't have any doubt that the technology for a 40C dischage rate lipo pack is already for the market. It is really possible that this TP pack is powered with ture 40C discharge current (200amp). All TP (and all other Lipo packs sellers) need to do is to show the ture testing data (the discharging curve, the discharging time and the percentage of the retaining discharged capacity) to all the consumers. Noone is telling anyone "to question every product that comes out." The consumers just deserve to know what they are really paying for.

Thunder Power buy cells from Enerland(may be also buying from one other Chinese manufacturer? now), so TP does "know" the Lipo by choosing a good Lipo cell manufacturer(s).

P.S. a Thunder Power charger can't speak out for a Thunder Power lipo pack. So give the consumers a chance to know what they are paying for their lipo packs. Companies win their chance by selling a ture and quality product.
I can guarantee you the engineer wallstreet is talking about knows his stuff.

I also noticed with a simple "find more posts by this user" search, you make an appearance on every thread and question the lipo, or ask if it's as good as an SMC. But you talk up the SMC on other threads.

That is the total of your ten posts here.