R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 09:21 AM
chicagokenji
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by g12314

So if a local track is seeing a large delta between 21.5/lipo and the other power plants they should set a FDR limit which evens the playing field at their facility.
We're now taking a majority of our outdoor TA racers and having them race indoors with our new winter program on carpet.

We'll have our second race of the season this coming Sunday on the carpet.

What should I be watching for as a race director? Straightaway speed, punch in the infield or overall laptimes if I want to make all of the cars about the same performance?

Also, how do I approach an individual racer about their too fast car? Meaning should I ask what their gearing is and ask them to change it politely?

Jimmy...you are a very good racer, how would I approach you if you showed up and you were lapping everyone? I mean a major part of why you'd be lapping a bunch of people would be your driving skill........

Would I look at a race and if all the racers in the qualifier aren't getting marshalled at all, but one or two of the racers are pulling ahead by 30-40 seconds what do I say?

What specifically should I ask a racer to do if their 21.5/Lipo powered car is heads and heels way faster than everyone elses?