R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Traveling on plane with Nitro Cars
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2003, 01:26 PM
unsungzero
Tech Apprentice

Of course you cant take fuel on the airplane .....

this is my experience

Went from Pitt international to LAX. The guys at pitt airport were awsome. You are allowed to have pretty much anything get transported on the airplane (as long ans it isnt in your poss) Yes you can even take you Glock 9mm ! haha. Ok back to the story...
I got there and did the normal rutien(sp) umm.. they serached everything just to make shure. I did have a problem with my r/c stuff though. In Pitt they screen luggage and do a Explosives test ,, they use small pieces of cardboard and cloth abd it picks up any explosive residue something may have left. well Nitro Fuel must have been on there list of explosives cause the alarm went off and they kinda went nuts on me .... I explained what i do (race rc) and told them that the fuel containes nitro methane... The had to cleaqr everything up with there police(sp) but after that no troubles..
When i was on my way home from my vacation and got screened at LAX they had absolutl no problems with the Car or anything .... I guess they deal with allot of racers there.

Its a good idea to take your stuff whith you on the plane. I did have a extra body in one of my suitcases and it was broke

heres a list of what NOT to take in your carry-on

Scissors (they take the!)
Body reamer
Screw drivers
Batteries (NIMh only)

Make shure your transmitter is off the entire time because the freqencies can interfere....

-Matt