R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What is wrong with Ultimate hobbies???
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 11:18 AM
zipperfoot
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Too Funny

When I first started in RC around 2000 to 2001 Ultimate Hobbies was at a smaller location on Tustin Avenue. I used to think that since I was new to the sport they were giving me the rookie treatment for my lack or knowledge. It is hilarious that customer service at that store is so bad that someone started a post about it!

Over the course of the next year or so I visited the store often to buy parts. I learned the store was family owned and operated. I used to wait 10 to 15 minutes for help. The worst of all was the owners brother... Attitude and condescending tone... he could care less about you or anyone else.

I would stand at the counter and watch the sales staff walk by me several times without any acknowledgment whatsoever. They were not even helping customers... they were just walking around! Sometimes they would look at me and see me waiting and just walk away. I walked out of the store disgusted several times without any parts.

I was always friendly trying to get on their good side hoping they would treat me like the loyal customer I was.

I finally stopped going there. Then last year visited their new, larger location. Most of the "family" was not working the floor anymore. The staff is now younger kids with some knowledge. No complaints on my last visit. I did notice the store is not as busy as it used to be.