R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 06:34 AM
MUDVAYNE
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Andrew, after reading whats going on with your car, I might have another suggestion for you. Check to make sure the dampning shock (the shock that lays on its side) is adjusted properly. I started assembling my R5 last night, and noticed that after I installed my dampning shock, that it needed to be adjusted for EQUAL side to side movement. The directions show the shock eyelet (part # 4662) and the shock rod end (part # 4665) being screwed all the way together. When I assembled it to the chassis, I noticed that the side to side movement was unequal. This is a simple fix, as all you have to do is adjust the shock rod end about a millimeter and a half (+ or -) so that the pod will have side to side movement.

Also, check to make sure that the lower front arms (part # 4620) are in the correct position. If you are looking at the instruction book, page 6 at the bottom, bag D step 1, lower suspension arm orientation, the arms are swept back. At first, I noticed that the arms had flat spots in the mounting holes to attach them to the front bulkheads, so I lined them both up with the flat spots down. But when I sat them side by side as if they were on the car, I noticed the arms are molded to have a swept back appearance at the pivot ball. I noticed this because one was swept back, the other was pointing forward. Also, check to make sure the kingpin is riding freely in the pivot balls.

I hope I haven't bored you to death, and this info is helpfull. If you have any questions, please feel free to pm me.